Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose
Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose according to The Times.
Geldof had a reported history with the drug which her publicist deeply disputed at the time when tales of a sordid affair were released on Reddit by a user with photographic evidence. However, if the Times is correct then it would appear to confirm that Geldof had a long-term relationship with the drug.
In the months leading up to her death, Peaches reached the tipping point where skinny obsessed celebrity culture decided she had crossed from the glamour of “Unhealthily thin” to the seemingly undesirable “Dangerously so” after having already lost substantial amounts of her previous curvier figure.
The news mirrors the tragedy of her own mothers death – Paula Yates had an accidental heroin overdose in 2000. Yet oddly, no drug paraphernalia was discovered near her body; and it remains unclear who supplied her with drugs.
Whilst her husband was out of the house with Astala, their 23 month old son – Peaches was caring for other son Phaedra at the time of her death and was discovered by a friend after her husband had trouble getting through to her.
Geldof had spoken of how motherhood had been a healing and transformative process for her, which had removed the ‘chaos’ from her life.